At ABC of PA, we are committed to helping educate parents, professionals and the community about issues such as adoption, attachment and trauma, and how they impact children and families.
We regularly provide seminars on these topics and can gear workshops towards parents and/or professionals. Please contact us for a speaker to come to your location, or to be notified of upcoming dates.
Below is a list of trainings that we regularly provide. Please note that we are happy to tailor the content of the workshop to meet your specific group's needs.
** ABC of PA staff are also available to provide clinical supervision/consultation at the post-masters level for mental health practictioners who are interested in increasing their expertise in trauma and attachment.
CLICK HERE FOR A CURRENT SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Trauma & Attachment Series: Is There Hope For This Child?
- Understanding Early Trauma & Attachment Difficulties
- Parenting Techniques that Work
- Treatment Strategies for Children & Their Families
Bringing Them Home: Facilitating Attachment in Foster and Adopted Children
Connecting While Correcting: Discipline and Children Who Have Experienced Trauma & Loss
Parenting Children with Serious Emotional and Behavioral Issues
Talking with Children about Their Stories
- "Adopted" Isn't a 4 Letter Word
- The Dark Side: Talking with Kids about Difficult History
Family & Sibling Issues
- You Are What Your Child Needs
- Adoption Joys & Struggles: Not What We Expected
- When the Brady Bunch Adopts Bart Simpson: Taking Care of Cindy
- The Cleavers We Ain't: Strengthening Marriage Amidst Chaos
Supporting Adoptive and Foster Families in Your Church/Faith Community
For Service Providers:
- From Classroom to Playground to Home: Coordinating School & Home Interventions
- Clinical Strategies For Healing Past Trauma & Attachment Difficulties In Children & Adolescents
- Clinical supervision and/or consultation for mental health practitioners
Additional private in-house trainings provided to various agencies. Contact us at 215-443-5060 for more information.